Mission Scholarship Guidelines
The Suwannee Baptist Association encourages our churches and their members to participate in local, state, national, and international missions. Scholarship are available for 25% of the participant’s mission project costs, subject to a $300.00 maximum. If the applicant does not participate in the mission project, scholarships will be fully refunded to the Association prior to the scheduled departure date.
The Mission Project Overview and Letter of Recommendation will be submitted by the applicant at least 60 days prior to the departure date of the mission project.
The Association will inform the applicant of the acceptance/denial of their request within 30 days of receipt of the Mission Project Overview and Pastor’s Letter of Recommendation.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for a Missions Scholarship:
1. Applicants must be 15 years old or older to request a mission scholarship.
2. The applicant will submit a Mission Project Overview answering the following questions:
a. Personal contact information (name, address, phone #, email address, church affiliation)?
b. Who are you seeking to reach and serve?
c. What is the purpose of this mission project, (evangelism, medical, construction, etc.)?
d. When are you going (departure and return dates)?
e. Where are you going?
f. Why do you feel led to participate in this mission project?
g. How will you apply the lessons from your mission project when you return?
h. What organization are you going with; is it Southern Baptist or an affiliate of the SBC? Southern Baptist affiliation is preferred, but not required.
3. How will you raise the remainder of the funds needed to participate in this mission project?
4. A letter of recommendation endorsing your participation in this mission project will be submitted to the Association by your Senior Pastor or Youth Pastor.
5. The applicant will provide a report/testimony to the Association following the completion of their mission project. The Association may request that the applicant give a personal report/testimony in lieu of a written testimony.
6. The Mission Project Overview and Letter of Recommendation may be mailed to the Association, sent as an email attachment, or personally delivered. Our contact information is as follows:
Suwannee Baptist Association
1747 S Walker St
Live Oak, FL 32064