Chipola/Suwannee Disaster Relief Partnership: The Suwannee Baptist Association has established a long-term disaster relief/recovery partnership with the Chipola Baptist Association in Marianna, Florida. The goal of this partnership is to meet physical and spiritual needs of Jackson County residents impacted by Hurricane Michael. The Chipola Baptist Association is comprised of forty-two churches in Jackson County. The forty-one churches of the Suwannee Baptist Association are located in Hamilton and Suwannee Counties.
Who can help?
· Skilled and non-skilled construction and debris removal volunteers
· Meal services volunteers
· Contractors to assess needs and complete project estimates including material, labor, tools needs
· Administrative Assistants to support disaster relief/recovery leadership and ministry teams
What type work will we do?
· Debris and tree removal
· Sheetrock tear out and replacement
· Roofing repair
When can we help?
· Project Assessors are needed immediately to assist Matt Marable (Suwannee County) assessments
· March – May 2019: Projects are being evaluated/prioritized for immediate attention. Teams may begin serving immediately
· Summer, 2019: Projects are being planned for local volunteers and out-of-state groups during the following weeks
o June 02 – 07, 2019: River of Live Church, Ordway, Colorado
o July 13 – 19, 2019: First Baptist Church, Englewood, Tennessee
· Long-term: We anticipate this partnership to last through 2021.
Where will we serve?
· Volunteers will work out of the Chipola Baptist Association Community Ministry Center
o 2540 Lakeshore Drive, Marianna, FL 32446
Why help here?
· The Jackson County area has been largely overlooked by disaster relief agencies. Many families are still living in temporary housing (shelters, travel trailers, and tents).
· Thirty percent of local businesses no longer exist and will not reopen.
· It could have been us. Suwannee and Hamilton County may need the same help one day.
What are the needs?
· Volunteers: skilled and non-skilled construction, equipment operators, cooks, administrative helpers
· Equipment: Backhoes, front-end loaders, Bobcats, dump trailers, chainsaws
Who do we contact to get started?
· Matt Marable, (386) 362-8512 cell, email@example.com
· Andy Jordan, (386) 249-2982 cell, firstname.lastname@example.org